Salam Studio & Stores L.L.C (“SSS“, “we”, “us”) includes the company and any of its associated companies from time to time.
We respect your privacy right and we are committed to maintaining it.
We only collect, store and process your personal information in accordance with the relevant laws and regulations.
What information do we collect from you?
We only collect information that is necessary, relevant and adequate for the purpose you are providing it for.
Personal data you share with us
We may ask for personal data when you order from us; this includes when you order from the Website or over the phone, when you register for “Book an Appointment” or Rewards by SSS account, when you use our stylists or beauty services, or when you sign up to our mailing list.
The information we collect includes but is not limited to:
- Name and Title.
- Delivery Address.
- Billing Address.
- Payment card details.
- Phone number.
- Date of birth.
- Email address.
- Social media account details.
- Account password and login details.
- Your comments, product reviews and responses on surveys you complete.
- Appointment booking.
- Details of your interaction with our Customer Contact Centre.
Personal data we receive from other sources
We sometimes obtain information about you or your purchases from other third parties who have obtained your permission to share this information with us, or who need to share information with us in relation to goods and/or services you have purchased. Those third parties have their own privacy policies explaining how they use and share your personal data. You should carefully review these privacy policies prior to engaging with the third party.
Personal data we collect about you
We will collect your information when you use our websites, applications and our customer service centers. Some of this data does not identify you personally but provides us with information about how you use our services and engage with us in order to improve our services and make them more useful to you.
The information we collect includes but is not limited to:
- The date and time you used our services;
- The pages you visited on our website and how long you visited us for;
- The products you viewed.
- Your IP address;
- Your location (where you have permitted access to this);
- The internet browser and devices you are using;
- Any information within correspondence you send to us;
- Where you engage with us in a business context, we may collect your job title, company contact details (including email addresses), and company details (some of which we may obtain from an online or public business directories).
How do we use this information?
We will only process information that is necessary for the purpose for which it has been collected. You will always have the option not to receive marketing communications from us (and you can withdraw your consent or object at any time). There are various ways in which we may use or process your personal information. We list these below:
Where you have provided your consent, we may use and process your information to contact you from time to time through electronic channels such as email about promotions, events, products, services or information which we think may be of interest to you.
We may also use and process your personal information if you have signed up to our Rewards Programme, in order to send you information about how the programme works, statement information, and account updates.
We may process your personal information to comply with any legal and/or regulatory requirements.
We may need to process your personal information to contact you if there is an urgent safety or product recall notice and we need to tell you about it.
We may use and process your personal information as set out below where it is necessary for us to carry out activities for which it is in our legitimate interests as a business to do so.
1. Support customers with sales and other enquiries
In order to support sales and/or queries, we may use your information:
- To respond to correspondence you send to us and fulfil the requests you make to us (for example: sending you information about a product or making an appointment with Beauty team.)
2. Respond to understanding customers’ needs
To develop and improve our relationship with you, we may use your information:
- To analyse, evaluate and improve our products and services, including use of our website, applications, customer service center, stores in order to improve your customer experience (where possible we will use data amalgamated from many people so that it doesn’t identify you personally);
- To undertake market analysis and research (including contacting you with customer surveys) so that we can better understand you as a customer
- To provide tailored offers, products and services by post that we think you will be interested in. We will only send email marketing communications to you if you have provided your consent for us to do so;
- We may use automated methods to analyse, combine and evaluate information that you have provided to us (including the sharing of your personal information within our group of companies). We collect and analyse this information in this way so that we can deliver the most appropriate customer experience to you by tailoring, personalizing and making relevant all our service and communications (for example, when we receive a product in we think you might like).
3. Operate the administrative and technical aspects of our business efficiently and effectively
To protect your personal information, we may use your data;
- To verify the accuracy of information that we hold about you and create a better understanding of you as a customer;
- For network and information security purposes i.e. in order for us to take steps to protect your information against loss, damage, theft or unauthorized access;
- To comply with a request from you in connection with the exercise of your rights
- To update you for any news and developments about our terms and conditions and policies.
4. Promote our business, brands and products and measure the reach and effectiveness of our campaigns
To support and promote our business, we may use your information:
- As a business customer, acting on behalf of said business or where we have obtained your business contact details from, we may contact you from time to time with marketing information (unless you object) if you have expressly indicated to us that you are acting on behalf of said business.In relation to any such information we send by email we will include an option allowing you to object to receiving future messages by unsubscribing;
- To show you targeted advertising online through social media and other platforms operated by other companies, unless you object. You may receive advertising based on information about you that we have provided to the platform or because, at our request, the platform has identified you as having similar attributes to the individuals whose details it has received from us.
- To administer competitions and promotions that you enter with us from time to time and to distribute prizes.
How do we share this information?
We do not sell your information to third parties. However, we may from time to time disclose your information to the following categories of companies or organizations to which we pass the responsibility to handle services on our behalf:
- Service providers who help us to operate our Website and App, fulfil your orders and deliver our products to you, including:
- Credit reference agencies;
- Payment providers;
- IT support;
- Direct marketing communications agencies and consultants;
- Market research and market analytics service providers;
- Legal and other professional advisors.
- Certain regulatory bodies, government and enforcement agencies, where required.
- Companies like Google/Facebook to show you products that might interest you while you’re browsing the internet. This is based on either your marketing consent or your acceptance of cookies on our websites. See our Cookies Notice for details.
We take steps to ensure that any third party partners who handle your information comply with data protection legislation and protect your information just as we do. We only disclose personal information that is necessary for them to provide the service that they are undertaking on our behalf. We will aim to anonymize your information or use aggregated none specific data sets where ever possible.
How long do we keep your information for?
We will hold your personal information as long as you have your account with us or as long as is needed for us to be able to provide the relevant goods or services to you.
In some cases, such as to meet our legal or regulatory obligations, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may hold on to your personal information after we have finished providing services to you.
How can you manage the information we hold about you?
You have the right as an individual to access any personal information we hold about you and make corrections if necessary.
You also have the right to withdraw any consent you have previously given us and, in certain circumstances, ask us to erase information we hold about you.
You can also object to us using your personal information (where we rely on our business interests to process and use your personal information).
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information under data protection law.
In relation to most rights, we will ask you for information to confirm your identity and, where applicable, to help us search for your personal information.
We will respond to you within a month after we have received any request (including any identification documents requested).
You have the right to:
- Be informed about what we do with your information;
- Right to access your information;
- Right to access your information;
- Right to correct your information;
- Right to object to, or restrict us using your information; provided we do not have any lawful reason to continue to use and process the information;
- Right to delete your personal information (unless we have a reason to keep it);
- Right to stop direct marketing messages;
- Right to portability of your information;
Security of your information
We want you to have confidence in how we use and hold your personal information. We have in place a range of organizational, procedural and technical security measures designed to protect your personal information from unauthorized use or disclosure. We regularly conduct security assessments against our web platforms and applications in order to provide you with the necessary trust and protection you except when interacting with our online services.
We are relying on our legitimate interests to process your information, you have the right to object to us doing this in light of your individual circumstances. We will review this objections and, unless we consider that our legitimate interests override your rights we will stop processing your information in this way.
Banner messages and personalized adverts on other website
Like other retailers, we also target SSS banners and ads to you when you are on other websites, apps and social media. We do this using a range of advertising technologies such as ad tags, cookies, and mobile identifiers, as well as specific services offered by some sites and social networks, such as Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
The recommendations will be based on information we hold about you, or your previous use of our services or on SSS banners or ads you have previously clicked on.
If you don’t want to see these ads, then you can either disable cookies in your browser, or reject cookies from the site you’re visiting.
For further information visit http://aboutcookies.org.uk/
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However in a few cases some of our Website features may not function as a result.